Follow these steps to install SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010 Beta products.
The process is split in two parts. The first part will install SharePoint Foundation 2010 Beta, and the second part will install SharePoint Server 2010 Beta. You can either install SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Start by installing SharePoint Server 2010.
before you start the installation, you will need the following pre-requisites
- .Net Framework 3.5 with SP1 installed
- Geneva Framework (Windows Identity Foundation) (download here)\
- SQL Server 2005 SP3 and CU3 OR Server 2008 SP1 and CU2
- Install WCF FIX: A hotfix that provides a method to support the token authentication without transport security or message encryption in WCF is available for the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
– link not activated yet) . Please note the 2008 fix also applies to Vista, while the 2008 R2 fix also applies to Windows 7.
If you don't have this fix installed, you will get "Unrecognized attribute 'allowInsecureTransport'" error in ULS log. And most of the service applications will not run properly
- Create a special AD account that will be used as the SharePoint Managed Account in your farm. Refer to step 3 of the following post for how to create this account.
After you have applied the fixes and updates
- Run the pre-requisite tool for SharePoint foundation 2010
- After installing the binaries, run the configuration wizard. Setup the farm using complete farm installation. Use standalone installation only on Windows 7/Vista for dev purposes.
- Go to Central Administration and run the "Configuration Wizards" to setup the service applications. Use a special user for the SharePoint Managed Account for services and web applications in the farm
- Enable Developer Dashboard and turn to OnDemand for troubleshooting page performance issues. It can be done by STSADM or SharePoint 2010 Management Shell (Windows PowerShell).
STSADM: stsadm -o setproperty -pn developer-dashboard -pv OnDemand
After installing this, you will have SharePoint Foundation 2010/SharePoint Server 2010 installed.